Monday, May 23, 2011

On the back-road again

Farm House

Ormsta

Rural Road


Back in October I showed you three photos from Ormsta in a post I called Taking the Backroad. Yesterday I decided to do a repeat of those three scenes as I was out on a sunny early summer bike ride in the area. And here they are: The typical Swedish farm house. The panorama view over Ormsta. And the old Viking road. I'm quite pleased with all three photos. The only difference from last year is that I didn't meet any horse-back riders this time, so I turned around and took a photo of the road with one of the red houses in the background.

10 comments:

brattcat said...

how wonderful that carpet of dandelions lining the path. great shots.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

This is beautiful and charming now. I wonder how it is to drive that country road in the winter, however.

Rob said...

Simply a lovely rural setting. Looks rather peaceful.

Jack said...

Very nice, all three. I like your approach to repeating scenes (and I have stolen [uh, borrowed] the idea myself).

Small City Scenes said...

Wonderful shots. Typical of so many farms out this way because of the Swedish heritage.
Backroads are the very best. MB

Sharon said...

Beautiful Photos!! They remind me of where I grew up in Illinois. There is a similar look to midwestern farms.

Stefan Jansson said...

Glad to hear that Jack!

The only people that uses this road would be horse back riders,the odd cyclist and Rolf, the local farmer. And he is probably busy at his other farm during the winter.

I totally agree, backroads are the best!

Margaret said...

Reminds me of my youth.

Lowell said...

Once again I'm reminded as to why my ancestors settled in Minnesota - the landscape and climate is so similar to Sweden and the farms they build here were replicas of what they had known in the "old" country.

I experienced some wonderful times on those Swedish farms! These beautiful photos are real memory jerkers and I've never been to Sweden!

Jim said...

Beautiful.
Sydney - City and Suburbs