Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Health Tip of the Day

Health Tip of the Day

If you love cross-country skiing, like this man, and want to go for a run even when it's really cold, you should use a mouth worn humidity and heat exchanger. They don't cost much and they will save you from an asthma attack. Shot this today at Lake Rudan where the ski club Jordbänningarna, have six snow canons that can produce 90 cubic metre snow per hour. On a good day 200 people go skiing here on the 1,3 km track. For one day you pay 50 SEK, and for one season the price is 200 SEK.

8 comments:

Clueless in Boston said...

I never heard of that, but that's a good idea. That guy looks like he's barreling along at a good clip.

rob said...

That's a new cool gadget! Do you have a link to a "mouth worn humidity and heat exchanger"???

Nancy said...

Thanks, I learned something new. I wish we had snow close by to cross country ski. What a great workout!

Anonymous said...

I need one of these I think. I use a mask or did. But since my lung collapsed twice I am not supposed to go outside.

Stefan Jansson said...

The name of this product is Lungplus. I guess this is the guy who produces them:

http://www.lungplus.se/index.html

They cost around 25 Euros I think. I found this web store.

Ken Mac said...

great shot, love the trails. Weird thing in his mouth, no matter the explaination!

Kim said...

We were just talking about this today. One of the parents at our school was going for a run and since it was snowing I suggested she breathe through something. She said she didn't like the ice that formed when she tried that, but that it hurts to breath in the cold. Neither of us has heard of these before. I will tell her out these. Great tip. Thank you. And nice shot, too!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

Interesting gadget! Great shot!