Monday, July 28, 2008

The Heavy Metal Fans

The Heavy Metal Fans

On Saturday I visited the National Croquet Championships that took place at Torvalla in Handen over the weekend, and went looking for some fun strangers, and I found them. This is Berit and Christer Nelson. Two of the members of the Sphaera Croquet Club that hosted the event. The club is only three years old. It started when one of the members, Thomas Norberg turned 40 and was given the croquet club as a birthday gift! They set up a few goals. To host the nationals and win a medal within a couple of years. The first goal has now been achieved. Unfortunately the Nelsons will not win a medal this year as both of them had been knocked out when I met them (Berit lost to the reigning champion). So we sat down in the shade for a chat and a hot dog. Some facts about this couple. Been together for 30 years. Married for 24 years. Four kids. And a few grand kids. They enjoy travelling. Tested bungy jumping at Skara, and hot air ballooning over Stockholm. This year they visited Sweden Rock Festival and listened to Poison, Whitesnake, Saxon and Judas Priest, so now you know what type of music they like. As does one of their daughters who plays in a local band. They told me that there was a banquet at Najaden Saturday night, and that the doubles tournament was to be played today. I haven't seen any results yet but will add some info here later.

This is my 65th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

No comments: