Friday, September 13, 2024

Two stories

Two stories
On my way to a BBQ. A bit early, so I stopped at the beach at Lake Flaten. Sat next to a drunk couple. Always fun. Long discussion about what to drink and what not to mix with other spirits. The woman had enjoyed a cocktail with Cointreau, and explained how good it was. The guy lost it completely. He nearly had a heart attack while screaming for maybe five minutes how you can't make a cocktail from Cointreau because it is the best Triple sec liqueur in the world! After hearing that, I jumped on the bike and pedaled over to Villa Blåmes, where three of the usual suspects enjoyed grilled meat, beer, whiskey, and more. A few hours later, the worst thunderstorm of the Summer got under way as I cycled for home. Lighting struck everywhere, and it rained hard all the way home. A bit scary, but I survived to tell the story, although I have never been so soaking wet in my life.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you made it home safely if not "dryly".

Stefan Jansson said...

Summer coming to an end so you have to take advantage of the warm days. The thunderstorm made the news as a number of teenagers at soccer practice were hit by lightning at Lidingö.

RedPat said...

I find thunderstorms to be so scary and to be out in one would be terrifying. Its good you made it home okay.