Sunday, September 01, 2024

Cemetery Bridge

Scattering Garden
Theme Day. Bridges. This is a newly renovated bridge at the century old Skogskyrkogården cemetery. A new cremation scattering garden in a natural ravine opened here earlier in the Summer. I walked around it recently and everything looked fine. I will show you more of it in a later post. The renovated bridge is called Lewerentz-bron after one of the original architects who is buried at the cemetery btw. I noticed the guy walking over the bridge, he spotted me while I took a few photos. I am pretty sure that we have met somewhere, at my favorite café, maybe. But I got the feeling that he was not up for a chat, so I didn't approach him.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The bridge is magnificent looking

s.c said...

Great design. Yes cemeteries are always in balance in their appearance.

Catarina said...

A very modern bridge.

Sharon said...

Such an unusual looking bridge. I like it.

Bill said...

Looks fantastic.

RedPat said...

Cool bridge and great shot.

William Kendall said...

Well taken.