Saturday, September 07, 2024

Nice day for it

Sjöstadsdagen
I decided to check out the annual Sjöstadsdagen at Luma in Hammarby Sjöstad. A fine Summer day. Lots of street food. And flea markets. This used to be an industrial area and I remember visiting here back then, when I worked at an industrial company on Södermalm. All that industry is gone today, replaced with modern apartments, and many of the 25000 people living here, mostly young families were present during the festivities. There were a few stages with performances, but only checked out this area at Luma.

4 comments:

roentare said...

Your street photography has a class of its own

s.c said...

If time and weather permits always a fun time. Nice.

Stefan Jansson said...

There is a half-marathon race in Stockholm later today. If I jump on the bike in the next hour or so I will be there in time to watch it. Some streets will be closed-off, the weather is great and I am sure the streets will be pacjed with runbers and onlookers.

RedPat said...

The weather looks perfect for this event. So many people out enjoying themselves.