Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Royal Opera House

Royal Swedish Opera
The Royal Opera House in Stockholm. From the late 1890s. The location is pretty good. At Gustav Adolfs torg. Close to The Royal Palace. The King's garden, and Arvfurstens palats, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The view here shows a popular café called Grodan. The Frog. I shot this while eating my lunch, sitting in the shade from a big sculpture group. It is a panorama from eight photos. The opera house is in dire need of renovation. It is more or less falling apart according to the people that work there. The government have rejected two proposals to renovate it. I'm guessing because of the cost. We are probably talking about one billion SEK. Oh, and there are nightclubs nearby and earlier this Summer the opera cancelled an evening performance because of noise pollution from Café Opera, a place I used to visit back in the day.

5 comments:

roentare said...

The Opera House looks so elegant and classic. Hope it receives the maintenance it deserves

s.c said...

The entrance is indeed very royal. Nice building Stefan.

Stefan Jansson said...

I took another photo of the building today, more of the front. I will post a link to the photo when I have uploaded it to Flickr.

RedPat said...

It looks gorgeous. I hope they find some money to fix things up.

William Kendall said...

It should be preserved.