Thursday, November 05, 2015

Brick Wall Graffiti

Graffiti Triptych Captain Brick Wall Graffiti
There's an old brick building behind the indoor driving range in Jordbro, close to the rail-tracks. It's been abandoned for many years. For a while it became a popular hangout spot for drug users. Later the local graffiti artists found their way to the old building. Then, maybe two years ago someone decided to fix the roof and clean up the area. But after that nothing more happened. Biking past it yesterday I noticed a big hole in the fence so I decided to walk in and have a look around. Someone had parked a rather big boat on the backside, which faces the railroad. Other than that all I could see were all the brick wall graffiti.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

I find myself often wondering with taggers why they don't have something productive to do with their time.

Bob Crowe said...

Careful! You don't know who or what you will find in such a place.

Kay said...

It looks like the taggers were able to work undisturbed. And I agree with William.

Lasse Jansson said...

Denna typ av "konst" gör sig förvånansvärt bra på bild. Jag tycker själv att bildernas begränsade utsnitt förhöjer graffitin. Den första bilden är en fullträff där jag gillar ditt sätt att ta fram former med det kortare skärpedjupet. Cool!

Stefan Jansson said...

Jag tänkte väl att en riktig fotograf skulle förstå! Jag var väldigt nöjd med den första bilden.

Maria Russell said...

I very much like the second photo.
Whoever painted it knows about 18th and 19th century writing. Besides, I love the word captain so much! It reminds me of Nelson Mandela and his connection with the poem I am the captain of my soul. So true about this late hero!
Thanks for sharing this, Stefan.

VP said...

I like the colors, but this kind of graffiti go nowhere...

Linda said...

Interesting! I wonder if prehistoric elders shook their heads when they saw the cave paintings that are now so famous and said, "Ugh! Young men make graffiti!"