Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Duck Man

The Duck Man The Duck Lake Bylsjön
This is the Duck Man. His real name is Åke. You can find him at Lake Bylsjön most every day, year round, feeding the ducks. It's a 7.5 km walk to the lake at the Tyresta national park from his home in Brandbergen, so he gets a good workout during his daily promenades. Today he thanked global warming for the fine weather. And it has been an unusually warm Autumn this year. We talked for a bit about cycling and digital cameras. Åke was considering buying an electrical bike and I told him about my two singlespeed fixie bikes.

5 comments:

RedPat said...

It looks like it is worth the walk but I'm not sure about winter!

Bob Crowe said...

I'm glad he doesn't shoot them. He is certainly dedicated but perhaps needs some variety in his life.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think the Duck man will live a long life Steffe! Beautiful reflections captured here.

Maria Russell said...

I admire this gentleman's dedication! No doubt he's retired and finally relishing his free time (and maybe giving his wife a daily break?)

I remember when my father finally and relunctantly retired. He was a busy MD, who spent his entire life healing the poor and forsaken, 24/7, in a third world country. The day after he retired he went out and bought himself the biggest pruning shears available. And then he started to attack my poor mother's garden, giving military haircut style to all of her beautiful plants and flowers...till the day he died........

Who doesn't like birds, ducks especially? They're the cutest, smartest creatures. And how wise to have only one person to feed them! No wonder we see signs at parks asking visitors not to feed them. Apparently, this is very confusing for them and against their true nature. Because of this, most of the time, they fail to migrate.......
I was told all of this information at a beautiful park in Kansas City one day by the one and only person that was in charge of feeding them. Was he pulling my leg?

William Kendall said...

A strong portrait.