Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's déjà vu all over again

It's déjà vu all over again

It has happened again. For the fifth time! I see someone I'd like to photograph. I approach, and we start to talk. I explain what I want. I write down a few facts. Like that the girl to the left is called Josephine, and that she is a student. And that the cool dude next to her is called Fredrik. And that the redhead is called Christine, and that sleeping in the stroller, is her baby daughter Joline. And also that this is the first time that Fredrik and Christine have met each other.At this point I realise that I have probably met either Josephine, or Christine before, so I ask Josephine about that, and she says, no, we haven't met before. OK, my mistake. I then take a couple of photos, and that is that. A few minutes later it hits me. I have met Christine before, when she was pregnant. A little later I see them in Västerhaninge and tells them about that, and by then Christine have told the others about that meeting.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

beau titre ;)

Milandailyphoto.com said...

a very cool dèjà vu,your blog is so amazing

Peter said...

I think you'd know everyone for 10km around. Nice shots.

Anonymous said...

Nice portraits, Steffe.

Mo said...

Wonder if she remembered you

Vicki said...

What a small world.

Great character study, too.

Stefan Jansson said...

Something like 70 000 people in Haninge, so I have a few people left to photograph!