Friday, March 04, 2011

Professionals at Work

Arborist at Work

Spot the Arborist

I have never used a chainsaw in my life. There's professionals you can hire for that sort of thing. Like the ones here at Hammar in Tungelsta. These guys are arborists, or tree surgeons, if you like that title better. There's lot of construction work going on around Hammar at the moment with the new rail-track, the bridge over the commuter station, and the work on the road that passes by the estate. I'm guessing that the Swedish Transport Administration have hired these guys to fix Charlotte's 200 year old tree lined avenue. She had to sell some of her property and I think the STA have promised her that they would help her with the impressive entrance.

10 comments:

Olivier said...

un vrai acrobate, cela doit etre dangereux

janerowena said...

I love that photo, but when it first came onto my screen I feared for your lovely oak that you take so many photos of! As it gradually unfolded and I could see more, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

CaT said...

cool picture.
i could never do that work...!

Virginia said...

From the look on his face, he's in pain! Hope he's careful. How these guys do it I"ll never know. Scary work if you ask me.

That tree lined road is beautiful.
V

Andy said...

Great photo of the guy in the tree. I've seen tree surgeons at work and and they can make a tree fall any place they chose.

T. Becque said...

Yeah, I wouldn't want that job - chainsaws and heights - not such a good mix.

Sharon said...

Great photo! Another job I could not do!

VP said...

I always like this kind of pictures, these guys know what they are doing!

Rob said...

I prefer to use the chainsaw on the ground. No way would you find me in the tree like this. This is work for professionals.

Joe said...

Great height, colour and danger in this photo.