Friday, October 03, 2008

Barbie

Barbie As I come down the bike path towards the mall in Västerhaninge a few days ago, I could see the back of a teenage girl. She was on the other side of a hedge, but I could tell that she had a very cool hairstyle so I turned that way for a better look. She was waiting with a friend for their ride to show up at the parking lot so I had a few minutes to talk to them. I asked about the roses they had and they said they were on their way to some sort of party. This is Barbie. Obviously that's a nick name her real name is Mikaela. Barbie lives in Västerhaninge and goes to school in Tungelsta. She's a ninth grader. I comment on her football scarf and says something like you must be an old fan of AIK. I'm a huge fan of AIK, but I'm not really that old she says and gives me eye. Point taken. AIK for those of you that don't follow Swedish soccer is one of the top football clubs in the country. How much of a fan are you I ask. I go to all their matches she tells me. That's quite an effort for a fifteen year old girl. Last time I checked the ticket prices starts at 180 SEK per game. Tomorrow I will show you a photo of Barbie's friend.

This is my 91th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

9 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Barbie has some really pointy hair! She looks much older than 9th grade to me. How nice of her to let you take her picture :)

Jill said...

Steffe, that is some hairstyle. Congrats on #91

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks. Time sure flies when you're having fun. I started this project back in February, and now when I'm almost home I don't want to stop.

Jane Hards Photography said...

She does look older. I'm always amazed at the Dtrangers you find to stop and pose for an image. It jsut wouldn't happen in the uk.

Stefan Jansson said...

It can happen in the UK. Quite a few members in the group from the UK. Check out my flickr contact Rickard's Strangers Set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrchard/sets/72157600366702684/

And Alastair:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorphibes/sets/72157605996200909/

Anonymous said...

Hej! Har du lust att ta bort där här bilden?
/Barbie

Stefan Jansson said...

Nej, det har jag inte, när jag fått tillstånd att publicera en bild så stannar den publicerad.

Anonymous said...

Okej, kan du visa det tillståndet då? Eller radera bilden. Tack

Stefan Jansson said...

Det behöver jag inte eftersom jag fick ett tillstånd av Barbie när vi träffades.