Monday, October 27, 2008

Stranger #99

Stranger #99

This is Joppe. He is from Stockholm. I met him at the Eskil's Park in Handen today. We had time to talk about a few things. Among them photography. Joppe enjoys shooting graffiti. I told him to create a flickr account and show off his photos, but he said he was planning to set up his own web site. He used to work at a web agency, so I'm sure his site will be a well designed one. Twenty years ago Joppe played in a Swedish Death Metal band, called Crematory. It's weird he told me. We have a cult following now. Back then no one cared about our music. Now there's a Myspace fan club with many members, and I recently noticed that you could buy our CD on eBay for 1500 SEK! It would have been great with all this attention back then when we were still playing he continued. I would have to agree with Joppe on that one. As we were talking about Death Metal I had to mention this fun story. After some more talk about photography and computer viruses I took a couple of shots and that was that. As I came home I Googled the band and found this interview with one of the band members in case you want to know more about Crematory.
This is my 99th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

4 comments:

Dido said...

Hi there!

I have awarded your blog a "Fabulous Fall" award, for your gorgeous pictures of trees over the last few days! Come and visit Edinburgh DP to pick it up and pass it on!

Dido

Kris McCracken said...

I’ll have to tell my brother that the records are worth a bit these days; he’d still have a decent sized collection of Scandinavian metal from years back. I’ve always wondered why that form of music seemed so popular there. The best that I can do is the long days/nights! ;)

You may have a better answer though.

Christina S said...

The people you photograph for your 100 strangers always seem really nice. Did you get their email addresses? You could invite them all to a party at the end of the project!!

Stefan Jansson said...

He could be sitting on a fortune kris! We probably like all sorts of music as does everyone else. I'm into Canadian Indie bands and Electronica myself.

Afraid not Ruby. That would have been some party! But all my Strangers have my MOO MiniCard with contact info, and I seem to run into them every now and then. Only yesterday I met Ulla and Linda (although they don't know each other yet I think), and Ulla told me that she had recognised a few of the others.