Sunday, March 10, 2024

A final Winter post?

Ice fishing Sköndal Early March Winter swimming anyone? Lake Drevviken
A bunch of photos taken from the circular pier last Sunday on my way to Stockholm. From the bike path, I could see a few people out on the ice on Lake Drevviken, so I had to stop for a closer look. It was two guys ice fishing. You can see old buildings at Sköndal on the second photo. I was chatting with a few people on YouTube yesterday evening. On a channel called, Let's Walk Around Stockholm, and someone pointed out that another member had posted videos from this lake, so I checked them out, and the guy who had uploaded the videos, Kenneth, told me that he took a Winter bath here just a few days ago. Possibly from the pier here.I will not go swimming before midsummer!

5 comments:

roentare said...

Icy water surface looks like the result of ultra long exposure

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, and if you look at the description I gave that photo at Flickr, you can see that I had that same thought even before taking the photo!

s.c said...

It looks all very beautiful.

RedPat said...

It looks lovely but cold still. Kenneth can swim alone!

William Kendall said...

Never say never. March can still bring more winter.