Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Allhelgona

Allhelgona Allhelgona Allhelgona
Swedish word of the day. Allhelgona. Short for Allhelgonahelgen. All Saints' Day. We celebrated this last weekend. On Saturday people visited cemeteries all over the country to light a few candles. Quite a spectacle in the dark, and I had planned to visit Skogskyrkogården but couldnt do it. But I was there on Sunday, but too early in the day. So I tried again yesterday afternoon, and that's when I took these photos, still a little too early so I underexposed the photos a bit, sorry about that!

5 comments:

Tamera said...

Great shots!

roentare said...

You somehow turned the tombstones into living arts!

RedPat said...

That is a nice tradition.

William Kendall said...

Quite poignant.

s.c said...

Its for eternity.