Thursday, May 31, 2018

The scent of Summer

The scent of Summer Rapsfält Kikarberget
If you know me you know that I can't just pass an opportunity to photograph a blooming canola field (Rapsfält). So a few of days ago while out driving with a couple of mates we stopped at two blooming fields so that I could get my photos. But the light was wrong, it was late in the afternoon and I had to shoot into the sun to get the snaps that I was after. However, the following day I took my new bike down to one of those fields and this time I got the colors I was looking for. These fields can be found at Kalvsvik, across the road from the Husby GC. I have been here many times before as I find the hill that you can see here to be very photogenic in both Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. I usually bring a light lunch with me and on this occasion I ate it while keeping an eye on the sweaty golfers out on the course. The third photo shows Kikarberget, a hill from where you have a decent view of the surrounding rural landscape.

3 comments:

Catarina said...

I am looking forward to photographing a canola field in July as well when I go to British Columbia.

These are gorgeous shots!

: )

William Kendall said...

Canola here will start looking like that in a few weeks.

RedPat said...

Fabulous!