Friday, April 27, 2018

Location, location, location

Location,location,location
For many years there was a filling station here at the intersection between Nynäsvägen and Dalarövägen in central Handen. It was known as Nynäs Bensinstation. Operated by the Ljung family. The last occupant was Gilberts lastbilsservice, he closed a couple of years ago, and last fall the building was demolished. I'm guessing you will see a few more apartment buildings like the ones at Haninge park in the background here in a not too distant future

2 comments:

Lowell said...

As I've grown older, I'm more and more opposed to big buildings taking the place of small family-owned businesses. This structure means more people, more traffic, more congestion. I can't really think of any good to come of it. Well, the people who funded it will get even richer. But life in the area will get poorer. But what do I know, I'm just an old crank! :)

William Kendall said...

When a service station here is closed and demolished, the land is supposed to stand empty for a few years before anything else is built on it.