Friday, January 20, 2012

Parked For the Season

Winter Bike

I have met surprisingly few cyclists on the roads this winter, at least when you consider the lack of snow that we are having. But for the moment my bike is parked in the cellar. Not because of the snow, but because of the ice. It is a few degrees below zero and the little snow we did get earlier in the week have now frozen. And as I don't have any winter tires on the bike, I will wait for the staddies (thanks Peter), to fix that. This unusually parked bike can be seen at the Tungelsta commuter station.

10 comments:

zakton said...

You have a lovely country and you make lovely images from it. I like your style, Steffe.

s.c said...

But he takes less floorspace. Nice solution.

Gunn said...

Creative parking, and you made something out of it.
-Happy weekend!

John Cameron said...

Striking image Steffe.

Jenny Woolf said...

Ha! poor forgotten bike. I bet its tyres are flat!

Fantastic shot says more than words.

Julie said...

Yes, less floorspace, AND I wonder if it collects less snow this way. Less snow meaning less damage. I suspect a month or so in the cellar might be the wiser way to go. Nice shot Steffe, and hard to tell if it is full colour or if you have converted to b&w ..

Jack said...

I sure hope the owner has not left the bike here for the winter. If someone did that over here, there would be very little left by the end of winter.

Stefan Jansson said...

It is a black and white Julie. And the bike is a cheap one. Bought at a place called Biltema. You can get a decent bike there for no money at all, so I'm guessing that the person who owns it paid somewhere between 1000 to 2000 SEK, and he or she will probably buy a new one come spring.

Nellies said...

I always keep an eye out for bicycle photos and this one I like very much. Thanks for sharing Steffe!

Birdman said...

In light snow, I still see them cruising the side streets.