Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Frosty Face

A Frosty Face

A few years ago I noticed an over-snowed chair in a private garden in Tungelsta. During that long and cold winter, I went back four or five times to document the changes of the season, using that chair. I'm thinking about using this sculpture of the author Ivar-Lo Johansson as a marker this winter. The last time you saw Ivar, who spends his time near the Tungelsta commuter station, a caring person had given him some winter clothing. He looked very chic, and rather pleased with that. Now, someone has stolen his colorful scarf, and I sensed that he was a little upset about that on this frosty day.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Looking forward to more Winter photos of Mr. Johansson.

RedPat said...

He looks like he needs his hat & scarf back! Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Julie said...

I liked his very swedish hat and scarf, Steffe. He is looking very sad and sorry for himself. Maybe The Knitter could improvise a large gluhwien for him!

Jack said...

This will be a good project. I liked him in the powder clue beret and scarf.

Anonymous said...

Love this image, he is cool (no pun intended)! Please come enter it in my 'Weekly Top Shot' meme? We're on Week #13 and I'd love to see you share with me and my readers! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=5870

Mark said...

Ye I liked his scarf but maybe he lent it to someone. Hopefully they will return it.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

The frost certainly adds a bit more character to his demeanor.

Leeds daily photo said...

Nice and frosty. I was out photographing the frost here yesterday. Perhaps his scarf will be returned when the frost is no longer here.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

He does look a little fed up about the situation Steffe, maybe the person who took the scarf needed it more than he did!

Karl said...

Poor old man...
Great portrait!!

CaT said...

oow, how pretty!