Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little lunchbreak skiing

Lunchbreak Skiing

On my way to the lakes yesterday I met Åsa. She works at Osram in Jordbro, and that companies office building is only a few minutes walk from the ski tracks at Rudan, which means that on a good winters day like the one we had yesterday, Åsa will go cross-country skiing on her lunchbreak. She has taken part in the annual Vasaloppet race a number of times. If you don't know it, it is a long distance (90 km) cross-country ski race that takes place in Dalarna on the first Sunday in March every year. Åsa has also tried her luck in the Engelbrektsloppet in Nora. That race is also part of the Swedish Classic Circuit. So I guess it is safe to say that she is a fit woman. And when there's no snow, chances are that you will find Åsa either at the gym or out jogging.

7 comments:

brattcat said...

a beautiful portrait, steffe.

Olivier said...

beau portrait

VP said...

This means that I probably will not ever meet her...

Lowell said...

She does look fit - bursting with a healthy glow! She could ski rings around me!

Bob Crowe said...

She certainly looks vigorous. Her activities make me think that Swedes work a lot fewer hours than Americans do.

Halcyon said...

Cool portrait! If we ever get enough snow this winter, I'm going to try CC skiing. :)

Peter said...

I hear that it is No 1 sport for cardio. A great sport, I used to do some langluffing down in the Aussie Alps. Miss it.