Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ramshackle

Ramshackle


For many years this house along Hammarbergsvägen in Tungelsta was hidden behind the trees. It was built back in 1929. The family that lived here for many years was called Karlsson. They had three sons. One of them is the same age as my mother and she told me that the dad in the family was known as Karlsson med arslet. That translates to Karlsson with the arse! Not a very nice nickname. He might have been a builder. Anyway the house and property was sold earlier this year. As I walked by here yesterday I noticed the new owner in the garden. He was there with his wife and young son, and they were burning old trees and what have you. I asked him if I could have a look inside the old ramshackle that no one has lived in for a few years and possibly take some photos. He answered "sure, but not today as local kids have been trying to break in and now we can't open the door". He also told me that they will build a new home next to the old house and tear down this old building as soon as the new house is up. And that I was welcome to come back for a look inside after the holidays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing what the inside holds! God Jul

Fredrik said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! And keep on with your excellent blog!

Arctic Dakini said...

Can't wait to see what the inside looks like!

Jane Hards Photography said...

It does look in need of a little care and attention. Merry Christmas.