Friday, September 08, 2023

Still Summer

Drevviken Betongbryggan
Two places that I bike past a couple of times every week. Top photo show Lake Drevviken. Photographed from a beach known as Hökarängsbadet. One of the places I enjoy visiting whatever the season. The second photo is from Hammarby sjöstad. I often photograph the concrete pier from the Skanstull bridge if it is warm and sunny, as I find it a great urban scene. Now, in early September, most of the sunbathers are gone, replaced with office workers enjoying their lunch break in the sunshine while chatting away with colleagues. As I am typing this it is 17C, but the meteorologists have promised 23C later in the day, my kind of temperature.

6 comments:

roentare said...

So weather is cooling now? The 2nd photo looks like a good place for lunch.

s.c said...

It all look very pleasant.

Stefan Jansson said...

Not taking my bike shorts today was a mistake.

William Kendall said...

The pier is quite a sight. We had sweltering temperatures, but it appears to have broken.

Bill said...

I like the concrete pier. A wonderful place to sit and maybe even enjoy a breeze. It is 27C and stuffy with no breeze.

RedPat said...

We have the same kind of weather here today after having high heat for the last week. That pier is the perfect place to sit in this weather.