Friday, September 15, 2023

Her Danish Majesty's Yacht Dannebrog

Dannebrogen Her Danish Majesty's Yacht Dannebrog Margrethe II of Denmark Dannebrog
The King of Sweden celebrate 50 years on the throne on Saturday. There will be a lot of vistors in town, and here is one of them. I took these photos at Skeppsbrokajen yesterday. Just across the street from the Royal Palace. The ship is called Dannebrogen. Or, in English Her Danish Majesty's Yacht Dannebrog. We had to wait a few minutes and I wish I had brought my zoom lens, but you can't have everything your way. In the third photo to the right you can see Margrethe II of Denmark waving to the crowds.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The whole boat glows with those sheer white costumes.

Bill said...

Everyone wearing their dress uniforms for the occasion.

Catarina said...

Very nice.
I like to see events that involve royalty. : )

RedPat said...

What beautiful lines the ship has.

William Kendall said...

Quite a ship.

JudithK said...

I can't find anybody waving. Is it just me??

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha, because they were standing around me, I lifted the camera above my head to shoot this. Massive crowds expected today for the parade.