Sunday, May 07, 2017

One Suicide Is Too Many

Don't do it One Suicide Is Too Many
They are changing the fence along the Nynäsbanan railway line after one too many suicides. I took these two photos between the Krigslida and the Västerhaninge stations. After removing the old fence they put this one up and went home. I should of course have waited a few minutes and taken the photo as the commuter passed by, but there's always tomorrow. I hope no one decides to use this new "shortcut" over the weekend.

10 comments:

Andy said...

Taking care of the mentally ill is an act of concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others. Lets hope it works.

Stuart said...

OK. I give up. What is that first photo ?! I like it in any case and I also like that second shot abstract.

Mersad said...

I hope this will help solve the problem. Nicely captured Stefan.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Gunn said...

I don't understand the top image. I understand a red light and the warning.... but is it arranged ?
I understand the fact that there are an increasing number of people who choose not to live anymore.
Sad, but true.

Stefan Jansson said...

Tricky when you have to do with an artistic photographer Stuart and Gunn isn't it! The top photo shows the temporary "fence". A plastic line with alternating red and yellow rectangles, a bit like barricade tape, it will stop no one.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love the first shot too Steffe, but as you say it will stop no one. It's sad times when people feel there is nothing left for them to live for, it happens all over the world and sometimes such young people.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully the new design helps.

Bob Crowe said...

I would not have understood the top photo without your explanation.

Kay said...

I too was confused by the top shot. Glad you explained it.
This is a fence that I could support. The one that the U.S. guy is proposing for the border? No thanks.

Linda said...

Oh, from one extreme to another. Sad that it is needed.