Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Portraits at the cafe

A double pose
Veronica
Gesturing
If you sit indoors at my favorite cafe this summer you can see some of my photos on the walls. If you sit outside chances are that I will take your photo. Here are three recent cafe portraits. Kristel was sitting at the table next to me yesterday. I noticed her pin-up tattoo and when she was ready to leave I asked if Í could get a photo. By then I had already figured out that the tattoo depicted Kristel, and her daughter. The daughter, Vanessa had spent the last half hour or so running around the cafe with another little kid. Second portrait is of Veronica. I spotted her as she came walking by, grabbed the camera and took a few candids. She noticed me, walked over and I thought she was going to say something about the photos but she was friends with the guy I was having coffee with so as they were chatting I took another portrait. Third photo is a candid portrait. The young girl were having lunch with her mother (my guess). She was very expressive and was gesturing a lot and she had great eyes. I tried waving at her but she didn't notice me so I opted for a candid.

7 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice work Steffe. I'm entering a portrait of Aimee (perfect muse, the camera looooves her)in a portrait competition. It's an international competition, I really think you should put one of your portraits in too..If you Google 'Fremantle Portrait Prize' it'll tell you all about it..super prizes, but how fab to win an international comp hey!I think entries have to be in by 8th July..I better get a move on :)

Bob Crowe said...

Is that how Swedish mothers dress when they dress up their daughters and go for a walk? It seems she doesn't want the girl to adopt her style. The last woman's eyes look like fine glass.

Judy said...

Another three lovelies for your collection!

Margaret said...

My favorite is number 3.
Love the eyes, and the exuberance.
Margaret

Dianne said...

Great candid shots Steffe .... my favourite is the bottom .... wonderful light.

Lowell said...

I really like that last photo in this series. It's one of the few Swedish lasses I've seen without tattoos or steel stuck in her nose! :)

LOLfromPasa said...

These are marvellous.