Thursday, July 08, 2010

Farm Life

View from a hill

I received a useful document a while back. It's an ID-card from the municipality, and the local historical association. It is supposed to help me to get in everywhere and document old farms and other places of interest. So a few days ago I decided to stop at a small farm in Tungelsta. It is owned by Ingegerd Andersson. She has lived here all her life. She inherited the farm from her dad. When my mother was a young girl she used to come to Haga to buy eggs. Not sure if you can do that today but there is a busy henhouse here.You will also find cattle, horses, sheep and a friendly dog. And of course the farmer Bill who has worked at the farm for half a century. Below is a slideshow with some of the photos i took on my visit. Oh, and I didn't even have to use the ID-card as Ingegerd soon realised that she knew quite a few people in my family.


7 comments:

Bill said...

Great series of shots. I have never seen white cows before (blonde), even the horse is white. Must be a Scandinavian thing.

Olivier said...

une belle ferme dans un bel endroit

T. Becque said...

Very beautiful area and photo. I need to get myself one of these ID cards :)

Stefan Jansson said...

Sometimes it's enough to just smile and let people know what you want T, but you already know that from your portraits of strangers.

But I did actually use the card yesterday when I stopped for a few photos at an old grocery store, turned private home. The owners sister-in-law got very exited when I told her of a book where some of my photos from that area can be seen and she decided on the spot to head over to a book store and buy a copy.

brattcat said...

Beautiful farm and farmer, beautifully documented.

VP said...

Looking at your pictures I feel so removed from the country were I spent so much time in my youth. It was almost the same: different colors and cows, but the rest could be somewhere here.

Anonymous said...

Tack för bilderna Stefan,
som f.d Tungelstabo uppskattar man dina berättelser och bilder väldigt mycket.
Minns att dom hade en häst som hette Trulls men det är nog inte den som är med på bilderna :-)