Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Joy of Winter

Winter Biking Anyone?

Snow Removal Mistake


Two photos from the commuter station in Västerhaninge. Very typical for this winter I think. The blue bicycle's owner must be as fed up with all the snow as I am. It's been parked there all winter. Press here to see how it looked just three weeks ago. If we get any more snow it will soon be totally covered with the white stuff. The second photo made me laugh. There has been a lot of snow shovelling at the station for the last two months. But for some reason they have decided to not remove the snow from the benches! When I took these photos the sun was shining from a clear blue sky. And the trains were delayed, so I for one would have enjoyed resting on that bench for a few minutes in the winter sunshine.

5 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

They just aren't cleaning off the benches in Vasterhaninge like they used to!
God lordag!

Lowell said...

You folks are in a bind, aren't you? Can't ride and can't sit. I'd wonder if that was your bike, but you mentioned you keep your bike in your basement.

Which is a good thing. You might lose it for months with all that snow!

Don and Krise said...

I think the snow shovelers have a bit of an attitude problem. They want you to just keep moving to stay warm I guess.

Tinsie said...

The bike shot is fantastic! Seeing the comparison shot makes it all more real.

Hope spring arrives soon!

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

very interesting shot...