Friday, February 12, 2010

A little red cottage

A little red cottage

On my photo walk yesterday I met the owner of Hammar. Her name is Charlotte. Her family has lived at the estate since 1816 when the Upmark family bought three farms, Tuna, Tunatorp and Krigslida and the two villages, Mulsta and Välsta in Tungelsta. There's a beautiful 100 meter long tree line avenue leading up to the estate, you can see it on a few of my earlier photos from Hammar. When we met yesterday we talked a bit about the coming changes in the area, before I decided to take a few new shots of some of the buildings here. This is one of two identical "Enkelstugor" (small wooden cottage). To the right you can see Charlotte's car. It's been parked there since the first snow fall back in mid-December.

12 comments:

Don and Krise said...

What a cute little cottage. I get the feeling you're going to be showing us snowy shots for quite a while.

Lowell said...

A little red cottage
And a little red car
Buried in the snow
Can make for a very
Attractive photo.

brattcat said...

What a charming place. I particularly love that door and the little wreath upon it.

Luis Gomez said...

Looks beautiful with all the snow around it.

Olivier said...

on pourrait se croire dans un conte de fée...magnifique maison sous la neige (beau contrasme rouge/blanc)

Saretta said...

What? No portrait of Charlotte?

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha! That's right. No portrait. Probably because I have known her for a while. I normally only ask people that I have never met before if I can take a portrait. But on this occasion I did ask if she wanted to be in the photo and she said no.

Lois said...

It looks so cute and cozy! I love the little red wreath on the door.

Halcyon said...

A pretty house. Of course I like anything red. It looks very welcoming.

Bill said...

This is just the perfect winter scene. Nice cottage. It'll be fun trying to start the car when the snow is gone.

Tinsie said...

I can't tell you how much I like this photo :-)

Leif Hagen said...

A dreamy, Swedish winter photo of a charming stuga! Skitbra, Steffe Meister!