Saturday, October 17, 2009

That Old Tree

That Old Tree


A couple of years ago Mikael Engström, a local developer was planning to build a golf course here at rural Välsta in Tungelsta. Luckily that never happened. The latest scare came earlier this year when the plans for a new national arena (documents in Swedish), for horse racing, including harness racing and thoroughbred horse racing were unveiled. If you are interested (and understand the local lingo), you can read Haninge's application here. I'm not a fan of that idea, and neither are a few of the closest neighbours that both have an interest in horses. In the coming years this area will change abruptly as it is with new roads, and a bridge or two over the new rail road track (about time), and three new housing areas that will make the area around Nedersta/Skarplöt and Lillgården a busy building site for the next fifteen years or so. OK, that's enough ranting for one day so I will leave you with another look at The Old Tree. This is my 194th photo of the Swedish Whitebeam.

11 comments:

Antjas said...

Glad to see you again old friend.

On another note, thanks for your comments on my 300th. You've reached that with your 100 strangers which you surpassed so long ago and this tree alone! Thank goodness for digital.

B SQUARED said...

Hopefully, it will remain like this for a long time to come.

brattcat said...

I never grow tired of seeing that tree. Each time it appears I feel as if I'm glimpsing a dear old friend.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

This is a wonderful picture and a wonderful series! I really love this photos and the others int he series. Nice work! :-D

Sometime when I am not dashing off to take my visiting kids to breakfast, I am going to look at them all.

Anonymous said...

As always a nice photo.

Don and Krise said...

You know Steffe, I've been pretty busy the last few days and have missed commenting on numerous blogs including yours. When the page loaded and I saw our old friend Mr Tree it was like a welcome home. Perfect timing.

cieldequimper said...

Still as good looking as ever. I'm glad to see it again!

Lowell said...

The tree! The tree!

What, they're gonna screw up this beautiful area? Pave over paradise? Yuk!

But they won't destroy the tree, right?

Copenhagen said...

I always loved seeing pictures of this old tree.

VP said...

Probably it's all talk, better for the landscape an the old tree.
I hope this tree will still stand here, even inside the food courts of a mall...

BlossomFlowerGirl said...

A very nice landscape. I like this tree and the colours of the ground.