Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meet Ante

Ante

As the sun was shining all the cool kids put on their shades (me included). This is Ante. He lives in Västerhaninge and that's where I met him. He is a carpenter. When he told me that I decided to check the coincidence factor by telling him that I met and photographed two carpenters for the strangers project a few months ago. As I started to describe how they looked Ante stopped me by saying that it sounded like his neighbour Lippen! Some more facts about Ante. His big hobby is sailing. He owns a wooden sail boat, a Neptunkryssare and spends much of his free time on the boat, that he has at a marina on the island of Yxlö in the Stockholm archipelago. Ante is a member of the Swedish Home Guard. A volunteer organisation. His battalions job is to guard and protect Swedish infrastructure against sabotage. They operate on land and from boats and work mainly around the Muskö Base here in Haninge. After this conversation I took a number of photos and then we said goodbye.

This is my 85th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

2 comments:

bitingmidge said...

I've just found your blog and love your 100 strangers project. I suspect I have a few evenings reading ahead of me yet!

Cheers!

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

Stefan Jansson said...

That will probably keep you busy for a while!