Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Percy & Mårten

Percy & Mårten

Meet Percy and Mårten. They were just finishing their work in the park in Tungelsta this afternoon when I caught up with them to ask if I could take a photo. They happily agreed. Keeping the park clean can be hard work they told me. There's a playground where some of the older kids spend their weekend evenings shouting and drinking as teenagers do, and for whatever reason they smash the bottles against the playground features. Mårten has been working in the parks for the last couple of years. Percy was only on his second week on the job. There are two sculptures in the park and they told me that the kids also enjoy removing the bricks from the one called The Tower. This is my ninth photo for the 100 Strangers project that has to be one of the best flickr ideas ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 100 photos feature should net you a book contract. If you just want to publish it yourself I can tell you how to go about it so it costs nothing.

I like your photos on Flickr too.

Destitute Rebel said...

This is a great picture, the hundred strangers project sounds like something I would be inteested in only I'v got too much on my plate right now.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks. I have been thinking about doing a few photo books, perhaps by using blurb. I would be glad to hear your idea of a free book Abraham.

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Very good idea.
Ordinary people have a lot to tell.