Saturday, June 08, 2024

Summer in the city

Style icon Finansdepartementet Boating Motorbåt Profile Flag of Ukraine
I sometimes use rules while out photographing. It can be about what I can photograph, or which camera, or lens that I can use. On this day, I decided to only use the old Canon 77D, with the 70-300mm zoom lens. It was kinda tricky as it was a very sunny day and some of the photos had to be deleted as I had shot into the sun. But here are a few that made the cut. From the central bridge, I spotted a woman at Tegelbacken on a red Vespa, a style icon since the 1940s. Next, a photo taken from the same spot. A zoomed in photo of a Government building used by Finansdepartementet. I shot the boating photos from the City Hall bridge. It connects Norrmalm with Kungsholmen. Next, a tourist at the City Hall garden. Her boyfriend was busy snapping away with a smartphone. The Flag of Ukraine can be seen here and there around the city, and I found this one at Östermalm.

7 comments:

Catarina said...

The Vespa is still around?! : )

Nice shots. All of them.

roentare said...

They are so gorgeous to look at. No 2 is the best! That takes skills

biebkriebels said...

Nice photos

s.c said...

For nearly the first time in my life I used a 70-300 on a few days earlier bought Canon 80D. It is a DO USM and I must get used to it. Results are encouraging though (see my street fashion post from today) and must honestly say that I started doing this thanks to your blog because I always used wide-angle in the past. Those city walks in summer are as always very great.

RedPat said...

Love the woman on the Vespa wearing a dress.

Bill said...

Nice shots, Summer is looking good!

Sharon said...

I love that red scooter.