Thursday, June 27, 2024

Vattentorget, take two

Vattentorget Where did the sun go? Promenadstråk Vattentorget Orange Sittgradänger Vattentorget Guldbron Just sitting there Munkbroleden
I have been a frequent visitor to the new square Vattentorget at the new sluice, Victoriaslussen, situated between the old town and Södermalm since it opened earlier this month. I usually park the bike under the gold bridge (where I photographed the orange bike), before going for a walk. In the first photo, you can see that the bike path now have been marked, which will prevent unnecessary accidents, cyclists were quick to inform the city about that mistake. The cool girl with her cool bike was hard not to photograph. The seats are called gradänger and they are already a big hit. Still a lot of work before this area is finished. The gold bridge arrived from China a few years ago, and I think I showed you photos of that back then. The view in the third and the last photo are towards Munkbroleden in the old town, with the Riddarholmen church at Riddarholmen.

8 comments:

s.c said...

A lot of stairs and concrete for the people at the waterside but with beautiful weather. Lucky you.

Catarina said...

The scenery is so different to what I am used to. So many people, such diversity... lovely!

Luis Gomez said...

Looks really cool! I am sure it is a great place to "watch people".

Sharon said...

This is a perfect place for people watching and what a great day to do it.

Bill said...

On a nice day, I imagine this is one of the places to hang out and watch the day tick on. Lots to see and photograph. We have a dismal rainy day today.

RedPat said...

It isn't surprising that that has become such a popular spot. Great street shots as usual.

Jack said...

I am jealous that you found the green-haired woman with the yellow bicycle and I didn't.

Stefan Jansson said...

I have another photo of her in a collage, taken a little earlier when it was sunny.