Sunday, April 14, 2024

Kristineberg from Fredhällsparken

Kristineberg Glass facade Kristineberg Hjalmar Söderbergs väg Facades
I always carry something to eat with me on my long bike rides. That is probably a little unusual in this day and age when you can buy food to go everywhere, but that is how I prefer to do it. And I am yet to order a coffee to go in my life! Anywho, here are five photos taken at a park at Kungsholmen in Stockholm a while back. The park is located at Fredhäll and is therefore called Fredhällsparken. I ate my snack sitting on a park bench while listening to two guys chatting away at the tennis court behind me. After my pause, I walked over the green lawn to take these photos. They show a number of new apartment buildings on the other side of the busy Drottningsholmsvägen. Situated next to the Kristineberg palace, and metro station. They were built on a property where there used to be a rather ugly hotel that was built in the late 1940s.

6 comments:

roentare said...

The squares and the windows make a great art

s.c said...

Thats a very big windscreen there.

Stefan Jansson said...

A bit on the big side it is, heavy traffic on two sides here. Oh, and if you zoom in on that photo you can see that a guy on a balcony spotted me!

RedPat said...

The scale of these buildings is quite nice.

Sharon said...

Interesting architecture.

William Kendall said...

I like these.