Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Street art

August Strindberg Fredrika Bremer Gatukonst
I parked and locked the eBike at the top of the shortest street in Stockholm. Yttersta tvärgränd on Södermalm. From there I continued on foot up to the top of a hill known as Skinnarviksberget. You are never alone up there, as it is a popular spot for both locals and tourists year round. We all come there for the view over Riddarfjärden, but I will not show you that today. Instead, I give some great street art from the absolute highest point of said hill. To me, it looks like paintings of August Strindberg, who definitely spent some time up here. Next, we see young Fredrika Bremer, the famous feminist from Haninge. I can't place the third face though, but I like her blue eyes looking straight at the observer.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Worth the climb. I like these very much.

roentare said...

The mural portraits are fantastic arts!

s.c said...

Look good.

Sharon said...

Nice portraits. I like the artist's style.

RedPat said...

I really like these!

William Kendall said...

These are well done.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks, there's a big antenna here, these are the protecting boards around it.