Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tungelstagrillen

Tungelstagrillen
First opened as a tiny kiosk operated by Pressbyrån. My friends and I drove the owner mad by stealing from there until she told our parents about it, that must have been around 1978. Years later a classmate of mine, Susanne, bought the kiosk. Within a few years, she had enough money to build a new, much larger kiosk that she named Sassagrillen. Since then there have been several different owners. It was a kebab place for a few years. Today it is called Tungelstagrillen, although the sign says Tungelsta Grill, which is not correct Swedish. Also known as Roys Grillbar & Café.

8 comments:

Jack said...

Operating a restaurant is a very difficult business.

William Kendall said...

Quite the memory.

Sharon said...

It looks warm inside. I like that.

RedPat said...

A local place with local history which is nice.

roentare said...

The light up in the night carries a moody vibe

JudithK said...

I guess you haven't stolen anything from in there in a while. Nor even gone in. Well, it's a moody photo, and now the place has a history attached.

Stefan Jansson said...

I go there sometimes when I have a package to pick up. But I never eat there.

Anonymous said...

I lived there when I was a kid. They started this trend with "slush puppie". Ice coloured flavoured ice in a cup. They did not clean the machine for a long long time so you got small mushrooms in your drink after some time. Noone got sick what I heard. And another thing they only made one order at a time. They where soooo sloooow. Great place anyways to have been growing up!