Wednesday, January 31, 2024

My old school is no more

My old school is no more
I was a student at this school a few eons ago. This secondary school in Handen was named after the feminist Fredrika Bremer who grew up in Haninge. When I was a student here, this part of the school was nicknamed Fredrik, as nearly all the students here were male. There is a new, very modern "Fredrik" school across the road from here. I have read about the plans for this part of Handen quite a few times over the last ten years. There's an industrial park here that some politicians would like to see gone so that they can sell the land here and build new homes. Not sure if that will happen any time soon, though, as that market is pretty much dead in Sweden at the moment.

5 comments:

roentare said...

The towers look rather glistening!

Stefan Jansson said...

They really do. Redesigned a few years ago. The reflective surface makes the water towers change color according to the weather. I have just over 90 photos of them in a Flickr album!

s.c said...

The older you become the more schools you lost.

Sharon said...

Another piece of history lost. I love those towers.

William Kendall said...

The schools I attended are still standing, with two of them expanded on after I left them.