Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Up for a challenge

Mats
I met two cyclists during my Winter promenade yesterday, a bit surprising considering the weather and the unploughed roads, but there you go. Anywho, this is Mats Wiger. Born and bred in Tungelsta, just like me. He was on his way to work, and complained a bit about the conditions. Back when my family still had the greenhouse nursery, I would see him almost every day. Mats ran a truck company, and would drop by twice a day to pick up flowers that he delivered to Årsta partihallar, the big wholesale market at Årsta in Stockholm. A good business considering that Tungelsta have had more than one hundred greenhouse nurseries. These days there are maybe five left.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

He has that determined look!

RedPat said...

You guys are brave to be out cycling in that snow.

roentare said...

That is a community to build on.

William Kendall said...

A good portrait.

JudithK said...

Have you told in some post what your family grew? I've been curious...and I think asked. But haven't gone on a blog search. Maybe I coild do that. I'll see.

JudithK said...

So I searched and found your family grew poinsettias, as did several others in your photos. Any other plants? I am a nosy old woman.