Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Kenny Leckremo

Kenny Leckremo
So yesterday I showed you a candid photo of a guy standing out on a pier at a lake with his bicycle. I called it Moment of Zen. I had shot that the previous day. Then, yesterday the guy came biking towards me in Handen! So I waved to him, he stopped, took off his headphones and I then told him that I had a photo of him and showed it to him. He turned out to have an interesting story. This is Kenny Leckremo. A well known musician. Used to be the singer in the band H.E.A.T. They toured around the world, including gigs in the USA and in Japan. Back in 2009 the band took part in the Eurovision Song Contest and became famous overnight. A few months before that when the band had just released their first album Kenny had a scare during a gig and was rushed to hospital with an ambulance. Later he got some help from Hollywood star Peter Stormare and two days after that he had heart surgery in Stockholm. Kenny left H.E.A.T the following year. Today he is back in Sweden again after living in London for ten years. Kenny is working on a new musical project at the moment. He has written a lot of songs during the last seven years and a new band could be presented soon. I asked a few questions about it but it is still a secret, but they will play melodic American classic rock. Oh, and funny thing. When Kenny told me his full name I realised that I had taken a portrait of his brother, André a few years ago If you want to hear some of Kenny's music check out these YouTube videos.

10 comments:

Lowell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William Kendall said...

A strong portrait.

Bill said...

A fantastic portrait and an interesting story. Such a small world, you photographed his brother and lady friend which is a fabulous photo too. Well done!

Kay said...

What a terrific portrait, and a great story! Kenny and his brother look very alike and are both quite accomplished. (To answer your question today about focus with my new lens: I've just begun to experiment and am using the auto focus. So far it seems to focus on one or two points and I'm using that.)

Lasse Jansson said...

Ett trevligt och bra porträtt som du följer upp med en bakgrundsstory som heter duga. Kul och intressant!

b.c. said...

fantastic portrait!

Sharon said...

Kenny has a pretty amazing story and he's seen a lot of the world for such a young man. Good for him! I think he looks a bit like a young Brad Pitt.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Excellent portrait Steffe. Not just a pretty face, Kenny can sing too ☺

jennyfreckles said...

Lovely portrait. He has wonderful eyes - and a lot of talent, clearly.

Jack said...

He seems very young to have had a serious bout with heart trouble. Don't you love striking up conversations with strangers? I do. We learn that EVERYONE has a story. Some are big stories and some are small stories, but everyone has a story.