Monday, April 11, 2016

The Stuntman

The Stuntman
This is The Stuntman, AKA Jan Klintberg, from Nynäshamn. A keen photographer for most of his life, and a long-time member of the local photo club, His preferred camera was always a Hasselblad. I was taking photos of a few classic cars at Vegabaren in Handen (you saw them in yesterdays post), when "Klintan" walked up beside me and promptly informed me that his grandfather once owned that particular model Ford that I was then shooting. Klintan (who is very talkative), did a few stunts in his youth. And he proudly told me about the time when he performed the stunt of cycling on water! Word got around about that and later he was asked to do that same stunt in a movie. The film in question was Åsa-Nisse i Rekordform from 1969. Easily the worst of all the Åsa-Nisse movies according to the stuntman. As we continued to chat it started to rain, and before we knew it we were standing in a hail storm and that's when we decided to call it a day.

6 comments:

VP said...

“His preferred camera was always a Hasselblad”... Chapeau!

Sharon said...

He looks like he would be fun to talk to with lots of interesting stories to tell. Does he still use his Hasselblad I wonder. When I was first starting out taking photos I remember being told that Hasselblad was the top of the line when it came to cameras.

William Kendall said...

Quite a line of work for him to have gotten into.

Kate said...

Wonderful chat with a well-known man!

Gunn said...

Nice photo and a nice story!
As I have said before "You are a master with that!"

Jack said...

Excellent! I like the close crop and the simple frontal approach.