Sunday, April 24, 2016

Do Not Disturb

Do Not Disturb
Out walking in a forested area in Jordbro recently I suddenly heard a bird chirping, it sounded a bit like a warning. Took me a while to track the sound down but then behind a few thick branches I found her. A female fieldfare brooding in it's nest built on a tree stump. I didn't want to disturb her so I took a quick photo and walked away. A few days later I checked up on her again and took this photo with the new Canon 6D with the nifty fifty lens. I'm hoping there will be more family members present on my next visit!

6 comments:

s.c said...

Great bird shot. A difficult dilemma. Want to make it and want not to disturb.

Andy said...

I am looking forward to your photos of the young ones.

William Kendall said...

Always best to do what Mama says in these circumstances. Terrific shot!

Kay said...

Wonderful shot! Glad the mother didn't abandon the nest while you took it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I wouldn't dream of it Steffe :)

Gunn said...

I look forward to the family photo:) This is very nice, and I can't think of that many photos that have been so close.