Saturday, August 29, 2015

Dodge Coronet

Americana 1957 Dodge Coronet
I spent nearly five hours at the big car meet at Vegabaren in Handen today. Grand prix Raggarbil 2015 is the official name. It's a very popular event that attracts "raggare" from all over Sweden. I have told you about that very Swedish subculture before. It involves a lot of Americana from the 1950 to the 1970s. Classic cars. Muscle cars. Elvis, rockabilly, greaser girls, alcohol, and much more. I have a few hundred photos to go through now and here are few to get us started. A Dodge Coronet from 1957.

6 comments:

Hull and Hereabouts said...

It's as old as me but probably in much better condition.

William Kendall said...

Five hours! You must have had a blast!

Nefertiti said...

Superbe !

RedPat said...

My dad had a '56 Dodge! I would love to have been at this show!

Bob Crowe said...

Yes, but that top photo has a Confederate flag behind our national one. Some people never give up.

Stefan Jansson said...

It doesn't have the same meaning here, but they do think they are rebels if they use it and there was a lot of rebels at this meet if you know what I mean.