Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The joy of winter

The Colorado The unwalkable walkway
Just two photos to show why I am more of a summer person. Top photo is a walkway/bike path at Hanveden. It was impossible to ride the bike up the slope. I was swearing non-stop and had decided to complain to the municipality about the lack of snow plowing, but as I headed in the other direction a few hours later the path had been cleared. Second photo shows a sidewalk in Tungelsta. It was hard just walking there.

8 comments:

Jack said...

It is just mid-December and you have already had so much snow! That is not a good sign for how the winter will go. No, being a biker in heavy snow is not great.

cieldequimper said...

I understand that snow can get too much when you are in it, but since we get so little of it so rarely, I can't get enough of photos like these!

Lowell said...

Yikes! That's not my idea of fun. Who's the crazy guy out biking in the snow? Anybody I know?

Dianne said...

I find it hard enough riding a bike on the flat let alone along that deep snow side-walk

Leeds daily photo said...

I am with Dianne on this one. I prefer to look at the snow or maybe get a few photos rather than travel in it.

VP said...

When we mess up everything for our rare couple of inches of snow, somebody always tell us that up North everything works fine. Almost always...

LOLfromPasa said...

I had no idea that you had so much snow. Loved your comments.

CaT said...

i still think snow is fun!!
but i wouldnt bike in it...