Saturday, December 01, 2012

My Street

road
My street is called Södertäljevägen. It starts at the Tungelsta commuter station. And ends at Cafe Rosenhill. It is a two lane road also known as Länsväg 257. I live at number 12. The top left photo shows the road on a fun day a few years ago when a truck dumped a load of clay on it! The house to the right was destroyed in a fire a few years ago, but has since been rebuilt. It is known as Manhem, and that is also where the third photo was taken. When I shot that scene the lorry driver was trapped under his truck. The road is dangerous and we see many accidents. Especially during the summer months when the bikers are out on the road. Their goal is always that cafe I mentioned. One thing you would have seen driving on this road during the last century would have been any of the many greenhouse nurseries. The one you see here was known as Graneberg. It closed just a couple of years ago. On the top right you can see Håkstorp a cottage built back in 1690. You will see that house soon after passing the hill where the lorry accident took place. The cows lives at the Haga farm. Below the cows you can see the abandoned filling station I showed you last winter. The good news here is that it will reopen as a Gulf station very soon. I took the photo two days ago. And speaking about re-openings, the Inn just across the road from me will open next month although it is hard to believe looking at the photo on the bottom left. Another property you can spot from the road is Djurgårdsgrind (with the fluffy cloud), where famous author Ivar Lo-Johansson lived when he was a kid. Sadly the buildings are decaying badly and last I heard the property was for sale. Driving along Södertäljevägen you are likely to see a horse or two like the one in the snow I photographed two days ago. I could go on and on but surely this is enough.

22 comments:

Jack said...

It is a pretty interesting street with a lot of stuff going on.

LONDONLULU said...

The collage is a great idea and such a richness of things happening on your street. That horse is very sweet.

Kate said...

Never a dull moment on your street with a collage to prove it!

VP said...

You described very well your street with images and words. I don't even have the characters on my keyboard to write its fascinating (for me) name, but I really like it!

Jim said...

Wonderful photos from your street.

Hilda said...

For a two-lane road, you sure have a most interesting street!

Birdman said...

I like your collage-look today.

Hull and Hereabouts said...

So much going on on your street. Never a dull moment. Great collage.

gregory urbano said...

great collage of photos, telling many stories!

Zyzzyz said...

What an interesting street it turns out to be - - my street is here.

Tanya Breese said...

great description and collage!

wilf said...

I like your idea of presenting your street with a series of images, so we can see in different ways how beautiful it is.

tapirgal said...

Great post! I am beginning to think that all City daily Photo bloggers live on unusual streets.

Halcyon said...

Quite an interesting bit of activity on your street. I love the way you have shown different seasons. :)

RedPat said...

A nice tour you have given us!

paul said...

Great collage, and comprehensive narrative!

Linda said...

Interesting collage and narrative. Love the horse!

Buck said...

I never tire reading about your experiences! A wonderful interpretation of the theme.

LOLfromPasa said...

Three more photos and you have yourself a wonderful calendar. Wonderful collection of life in your street. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

You have a very interesting street. Very nice presentation too.

Prem

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely the busiest street I've seen for the theme Steffe, fabulous view of your street.

Jeroen van de Ven said...

Nice overview!!