Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Summer Surprise

A Summer Surprise
Solitude
This was how my favorite beach Årsta Havsbad at the Hårsfjärden Bay looked last Friday. It was probably one of the warmest days of the year so far. I had been busy photographing a couple of blooming canola fields not far from the beach so I decided to stop for a stroll and a photo.I have to say that I was bit surprised to find the beach empty, despite it being on a Friday. Walking out onto the jetty to the right I met a woman who was sunbathing. She had gone for a swim, but told me that the Baltic See still was a bit cold for that sort of thing.

6 comments:

Chrissy Brand said...

Looks like a wonderful place to spend some time.

brattcat said...

the lack of people does suggest a cold day. hope you enjoyed yourself.

Anonymous said...

It does look cold. Forbidding.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The Baltic Sea. brrrrr that even sounds cold Steffe.

Lincoln Eye said...

Yes it is quite a contrast from my busy beach picture: fewer people and more sea!

AL said...

It looks lonely and cold, Steffe. I don't think I'd be swimming in the Baltic Sea!