Thursday, February 24, 2011

The old water tower

The old water tower

Back in 1912, a few years after the first plant nurseries opened in Tungelsta a water tower was built at the Rocklösaån stream at Gideon Wolmer's property. For many years the tower provided water for many of the greenhouses in the area. They used a "vindmotor" to pump up the water to the water tank. Today everything associated with the water supply is long gone and the building is used for storage. The Wolmer greenhouses are also gone. I took a photo of the sad remains two years ago and they are also gone now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess there is a time for everything to go. I will be sad when my Canon cameras go. What will replace them?

This building looks like there is still some life left. Could you use it for a photo studio?

Stefan Jansson said...

It's not my building. It belongs to Roger Wolmer. We talked on the bus recently, and he said that the old tower was filled with stuff. I guess he could restore it if he has the interest and the money to do so.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Really beautiful in black and white... not sad at all.

Bob Crowe said...

Steffe, this is terrific. The high-contrast B&W works really well. Just a striking image.

janerowena said...

I had to come on and say what a beautiful photo that is. I love it.