Sunday, July 05, 2009

The Strawberry Girl

The Strawberry Girl

Heading home from the beach on the warmest day of the summer so far (this was a few days ago), I stopped at Håga to buy some strawberries from the stand by the side of the road. This is Tove. She is from Västerhaninge and come the fall, she will be a ninth grader at the Ribby school in Västerhaninge. This summer she will be busy selling strawberries and cherries. And when I left with my purchase, there was a long queue of cars at the bus station near Mulstavägen, so business was probably very good today. Tove is into soccer and is a member of Tungelsta IF. Because of a foot injury she hasn't been able to play for a while, but when she is fit again she will join the Tungelsta ladies team. And probably score a few goals. Go Tungelsta!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice portrait Steffe

Leif Hagen said...

Vilken fin svensk flicka foto! Tu traffar sakert manga tjejar med din apparat? Halsningar fran Hagen

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks Abraham. If you mean that I take a lot of portraits and meat a lot of people you are correct Leif.

brattcat said...

When I'm out and about, Steffe, and I see someone interesting, someone I'd love to photograph and talk with, I think of you and your portraits. But I still don't have the courage to do what you do. Wish I did. Maybe someday. You are an excellent teacher.

Clueless in Boston said...

Nice portrait. I'm struck by the size of the sunglasses she is wearing.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

you always capture the best portraits. another great one!

Lois said...

She is so pretty! I wish I had some of her strawberries.

Lowell said...

She's a beauty - strawberry blonde?

Don and Krise said...

You never disappoint us Steffe. Another great portrait.

VP said...

Veautiful portrait, I have never seen a soccer player like this. Strawberries and cherries are my favorite fruit.
(Could copy and paste brattcat's comment here...)

Leeds in Yorkshire photography - Paul said...

Very nice photo Steffe, I thought at first you meant the strawberry blonde. I would have stopped and bought some too!