Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words

The Power of a Hug

A moment frozen in time. A while back I took a photo (not this one), of an every day situation. A few people standing around talking as a car drove by. Since that day I have had my eyes open for similar photo opportunities. Pictures that speak for them selves. Where you don't need any words to describe them. Like this one. One of my favorite photos from this summer. Taken on a warm and sunny day at Berga. I was sitting on a wooden fence, talking to an acquaintance when I noticed this couple hugging so I just lifted the camera and that was that.

9 comments:

Neva said...

A great shot.....very cool...I will have to look for some like this!

brattcat said...

You could have cropped this in various ways and each way would have told us a different story. Great, great capture! Great choice in composition.

Olivier said...

une belle photo de ce couple

VP said...

brattcat is right, this would be easy to crop in so many different ways. Great choice.

Julie said...

i like the way it is. I like the light on her head. I like his arm casually on the bag. I like her clutching him. I like them squarely in the image.

But I especially like his face. He is so full of emotion.

A lovely lovely candid shot.

B SQUARED said...

Nice capture, great timing.

Lois said...

Very nice shot! I like his bag and his expression.

KARIN said...

I will take this oportunity to ask, if you Steffe, or anyone else, have ever heard of a village Tungelsta, seated in Japan??

Is it true as I once heard, that there were people here to visit from Japan, who liked this small area in Sweden for some specific reason - and therefor named a townsend after ours, back at home?

Looking for interesting clues. Greetings, Karin.

Stefan Jansson said...

I have asked one of my flickr friends from Japan about this. An artist called Tamaki, but he was not able to find any information about this. I have a few other contacts that are Swedes living in Japan so I will hear with them.