Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Harley Man From Hofors

The Man From Hofors

I noticed a biker at the parking lot near the commuter station in Västerhaninge and headed over for a photo. This is Göran. He had just arrived to Haninge after a 250 km ride from his home in Hofors, Gästrikland. He is in town to meet his brother Bengt. The bike is a Sportster 1200. Göran is my second my second Harley Man since I started shooting street portraits. Back in March I met another biker, The Vulcan Rider. Fun Facts:There's a club for Swedish Harley owners with 11 000 members. Apparently the biggest Harley club in the world! All in all there are around 249 000 motorcycle owners in Sweden.

6 comments:

stromsjo said...

There's always a brief period at springtime when they seem to be everywhere. Either its just my getting used to them again after a while or their rediscovering how boring it was to clean the vehicle and consequently limiting their roadside appearances. Or a bit of both.

Lois said...

Looks like the weather was perfect for his ride!

VP said...

I was beginning to miss your portraits: this is a fine one. I know we have a Harley club here, but don't know much more, I have to find out.

PurestGreen said...

Fantastic - I love how relaxed he looks - completely at home on his bike.

Leeds daily photo said...

Great photo Steffe. Nice leathers.
I have yet to photograph a biker for the Leeds Photo Daily

Kris McCracken said...

Vikings on Harleys? That's enough to strike fear into the heart of any man.