Saturday, August 02, 2008

Håkan Fohlin

Håkan

It was nearly 30 C when I met Håkan Fohlin the other day. So stopping by the side of the road for a few minutes was just what we needed. He had been on a long bike ride, visiting a friend and was now heading back to Stockholm. Håkan is an actor with nearly 40 years experience. When he attended acting school in Malmö in the seventies it was the second most expensive education in the country. We visited New York, Berlin, London and Paris, I don't think they do that these days he said. Håkan was one of the founders of The Orion Theatre, (Wikipedia article), in Stockholm. He has toured around Sweden and Finland and today I am struggling really hard not to work, he said, which means that he has retired. One reason could be that he has always been a very physical actor in the same style as Gösta Ekman, a critic once wrote, and has fallen off a stage or three during his long career ! Will I find some info about you online I asked, probably not he said, but I have a daughter who works as a supermodel so you are very likely to find photos of her. So I Googled her and Håkan was right about that!

This is my 68th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

No comments: